I'm afraid I've been too busy or tired to get online for more than a few minutes these weeks.
So here is the little recap.
The birth itself went mostly well I suppose.
I met my doctor around 7am. We decided that it would be a good time to break my water now but I was pretty nervous as my epidural wasn't in yet. I asked to go to the bathroom first and when I came back, I looked down and announced that I thought I was still peeing!
Everyone had a good laugh and I realized that it was a darn good thing I went in that day rather than trying to wait out another week.
Then the contractions came roaring in quite quickly and intensely. I hollered for my epidural and while I was hunched over in regular intervals of agony, the anesthesiologist mossied on in.
She then proceeded to poke my back & scrape my spine again and again and again. Keith looked concerned. When it was finally in they had me lean back and told me it takes about 20 minutes to kick in so just wait & endure.
20 minutes go by. Then 40. A triple dose gets administered. A hand goes to her chin & a confused "hm?" is released. I tell her she can try to put it in again because its not working at all!!!! They check me and I went from a 4 to 7cm in that time. Apparently the meds can't keep up with me. yikes -
But fortunately it eventually did just in the nik of time. 30 minutes later...
Vwala!
So here is the little recap.
I met my doctor around 7am. We decided that it would be a good time to break my water now but I was pretty nervous as my epidural wasn't in yet. I asked to go to the bathroom first and when I came back, I looked down and announced that I thought I was still peeing!
Everyone had a good laugh and I realized that it was a darn good thing I went in that day rather than trying to wait out another week.
Then the contractions came roaring in quite quickly and intensely. I hollered for my epidural and while I was hunched over in regular intervals of agony, the anesthesiologist mossied on in.
She then proceeded to poke my back & scrape my spine again and again and again. Keith looked concerned. When it was finally in they had me lean back and told me it takes about 20 minutes to kick in so just wait & endure.
20 minutes go by. Then 40. A triple dose gets administered. A hand goes to her chin & a confused "hm?" is released. I tell her she can try to put it in again because its not working at all!!!! They check me and I went from a 4 to 7cm in that time. Apparently the meds can't keep up with me. yikes -
But fortunately it eventually did just in the nik of time. 30 minutes later...
Vwala!
Note for comparison-
Dakota's labor: nearly 17 hours
Total push time: 3hrs
Epidural a cinch
long healing time
Major cone-head ("he came from France")
Lily's Labor: less than 4 hours
30 minutes of pushing
Epidural nightmare
healing quickly
Pretty little round head
4 comments:
Awww so cute! congrates guys
Congratulations! How precious and exciting! L♥ve the pictures :)
♥ Hugs!
I'm glad you found some time and energy to write a little something. I nearly cried when I saw that beautiful pic of you and Lily facing each other. Awwwe!!!
tears in my eyes too! She is just to cute for words! What a gift........ for us as well. She is destined to be a beauty like her mother.
Post a Comment