The other day I went to the movies with my friend Sasha. We were the first ones in so we chose to sit in the middle of the middle (you know, right in front of the metal rails so we could put our feet up).We waited there a while as people eventually began to stream in bit by bit - you know how it is.... We were eventually left with one empty chair on her side and two empty chairs on my side. The cinema wasnt very full, but we are in a popular section.
Finally, just as the movie starts 2 women point in our direction and ask for the seats next to me. I happily say "yes, they're free" and move my purse to let them in.
Now here's the thing. I am clearly well established and sitting there with my elbow on the armrest. It seems to me that I had the right of way regarding the armrest since afterall, I was there first. Clearly this woman was not versed in arm chair etiquette. She Plopped herself down and aggressively shrugged her arm on the rest touching my skin and nudgeing me off!
In shocked disbelief Sasha & I look at each other with mouths open. She generously suggested we switch chairs so I (the preg one) would be more comfortable. Tempted, I decline but thought about moving locations all together. In the end i choose to stick it out - for now.
An hour into the movie the woman next to me relinquishes her stance on the armrest - for a good 10 minutes mind you. I figure this is my chance. She obviouslly doesnt want it anymore. So I casually glide my elbow into place. Ah - now that feels good.
But no! As soon as she saw me there she whipped her arm back on in front of mine. Now Thats it! I think to myself. Two can play this game! So I held my ground and did not move my arm an inch. Eventually my arm went numb with pins & needles as it was squished into the back. THEN, she began to let her skin touch my skin!!!!!!! Yuck - stranger arm skin. But i didnt move. You want arm skin - I'll give you arm skin and then i moved forward touching her more. HA!
Eventually it worked. I WON Elbow chicken and the whole armrest all to myself for the last 20 minutes of the show.
I dont remember what we saw, but I do remember it had a great ending.
6 comments:
I know what you mean, people should really adhere to armrest etiquette, that and feet on the back of your chair really get to me.... Love you much, your sis.
Hoorah, Emily!
That's the way to show her!
Ha ha ha ha ha!
TTTTOOOOOOO FUNNNNYYYYY! Sheesh, you make me laugh out loud.
love it love it love it,
but it also cracks me up that you find stranger arm skin gross but have zapped much stranger stranger skin!
loving you my pregnant goddess
You got me in trouble in school when I laughed at out loud uncontrollably. THanks a LOT! :)
you are so lucky!! that you get is to elbow-wrestle someone. everytime i go to such a place people in front/back talk their lives away, or kick the back of my chair!! if you say something they do it more. then afterwards when the lights come on they stare at me like, "what's yer problem dude?". i havent been to a theater in decades as a result! cheers from Tony in Spain!!
That's a great story. Waiting for more. filter install water Distributors proactiv miami pay per click http://www.hepafilter0.info/akai_water_filter.html Matt lauer son ritalin Permanent hair removal sound waves 920 dell ink printer Services watch co ltd rhode island bextra http://www.trim-spa-diet-pill.info/Birth_control_pills_and_unexplained_weight_loss.html Renault spare key kia body parts renault clio handbook
Post a Comment