Friday, March 19, 2010

Half a Decade?

Keith and I recently celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary.
This year I decided to plan a relaxing day together, "Emily style".
Especially since Keith had been working so extra hard the last few months for his tests and finally finished.
To make sure things would be copasetic at home, we arranged for two babysitters.
I'd take no chances of getting called home for a minor difficulty today!
And they did a wonderful job too.
We started our day of love with a morning yoga class together.
(my husband is a good sport yes?)
And since we didn't take any actual pictures,
I've added example images just help imaginehere we are in side by side head stands breathing deeply and meditating on the everlasting love that binds our eternal union to each other. (minus the beach of course)
After a little morning enlightenment we walked over to one of our favorite eateries; Marie Catrib's for a light brunch.I ordered and egg-white omelette with mushroom, spinach, home made sausage and no cheese. (I secretly like to spread a little jam on top)
For a special treat I had a huge glass of carrot/orange juice that I could see them squeezing right there. mmm Yummy!
Keith had a regular man-omelette with seasoned potatoes. Even though Im not a bit fan of potatoes, the seasoning is so incredably delish and I asked about it and was able to buy a little bowl of it from them. I use it in my own eggs at home now and its fantastic!
At this point we casually killed a little time and mosied over to my new salon for our appointed couples massage.(minus the flower petals and candles, but the bed was heated and very nice)
I must say, it is odd when you hear the other massouse ask "how is that" in a low sultry voice... but except for the tourtured parrott squaking in the bookstore through the wall, the experience was entirely, relaxingly lovely.
Now, that we were good and greasy and half-way though our day, we headed home for a quick shower / change and check on kids. All went well (phew) and since we had a big chunk of time to fill we made it with perfect timing to see a mattinee of Alice in Wonderland. with middle middle seats too!
From there we headed to another favorite restaurant Rose's.We were just in time for some happy hour minis. Oh boy! Keith had a little burger while i enjoyed one of their fabulous little oven pizzas with bbq & shrimp. Then we aggreed to split a spoon spinach salad and turkey cranberry sandwich. ooh im getting hungry again just thinking about it...
The atmosphere was lovely and we were seated in their window porch area surrounded with a gorgeous view of Reeds Lake.Well, actually it looked more like this,Yes, there were people ice fishing on the local lake.
What an odd thing to do.
Well, finally our day was perfectly finished with a visit to Oasis Hot Tub Gardens.
This was what took the most amount of convincing for Keith. I assured him that it was heavily clorinated and he reluctantly enjoyed every moment of our one hour private soak in the covered outdoor Nova Scotia room. (regardless that he was paged three times by work)I left that place and walk to our car the warmest I have ever been a Michigan winter.
The actual bitter pain i feel from the dry life-sucking artic winds was, for a while, relieved.
and I felt soft, smooth, and relaxed. We arrived home from a perfectly easy going no stress day to kids sound asleep in their beds and happy babysitters.Im still in shock that it all fell into place so well and that
we've been married now for Half a Decade!
I guess 5 arduous years ended on a blissful note ;)
Happy Anniversary Dear
Thank you for my beautiful family,
my beautiful life...




5 comments:

burton family said...

Sign me up. I want the royal treatment too!

Pat & Donna said...

It just sounded all so AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
so wonderful, congrats to the both of you.

luminainfinite said...

Well done Emily! You make life so beautiful! I went and had a massage yesterday for my birthday and was thinking of you, and missing you. Happy Anniversary!

Maggie said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate your anniversary! Congrats! Matt and I are coming up on #10! next month. Any suggestions for a then 7-months pregnant lady?

Sandie Tillotson said...

glad you took the time to make it such a special day...you deserve it!