Friday, December 19, 2008

Snowed In


The darn cat woke me up today at 2am and I could not get to sleep after that. So by the time the mailman came I was pretty excited to get out. The only thing was, it had been blizzardy all morning and just getting to the mailbox was about to prove quite the project. I had to get all dressed up anyway so I figured I'd make a pathway; just in case a package were to arrive today ;)
We have a service (thanks to my dad) that is supposed to clear the driveway (though not the walkway) but the roads are so bad today that they never made it. Humpf. Seems like this is when we need it the most (and the mailman made it come to think of it). It took me over an hour just make one little walkway. All that for one bill and junk! The best part was watching my neighbor with his nifty snow-blower ignore the 8-month pregnant lady toiling away the whole time. Ah Michigan ;)

3 comments:

Alisha Joy said...

I am in a total huff that your neighbor didn't help you!! The NERVE!! Bet he gets coal in his stocking this year . . . ..

sambrael said...

Oh man, your neighbor SUCKS! Stay safe!

Esplendor Havanese said...

call and complain to the snow removal vehemently and tell them if they dont get out on the worst days, we will quit them and find someone who will. And what do you mean they are not doing the walk way?????