The first show Dakota ever actually watched with interest was Teletubbies.
While my brother Roderick was staying with us he bought a bunch of the videos and it soon became Dakota's favorite, near daily event. This went on for many many months.
So I had this great idea that we should all dress up as Teletubbies for this year's X-mas photo.
Daddy as Tinky-Winky. Mommy as LaLa. And Dakota as little Po of course.
Then one day Uncle Ricky sent his nephew a Thomas the Train video.
Ah man! Now Dakota wants nothing to do with his old Teletubbie ways.
I ordered this costume but I think it scared him at first.
In the end the only way I could physically get it on him was with sweet bribery.
(I know, what a horrible mother. Whatever.)
This was the result of my lame photo shoot attempt
(I am very dissapointed)
and the costume is going straight back to the store.
Forget about a family photo.
There is only just so much candy I am willing to shove down his face in the name of cute & funny.
While my brother Roderick was staying with us he bought a bunch of the videos and it soon became Dakota's favorite, near daily event. This went on for many many months.
So I had this great idea that we should all dress up as Teletubbies for this year's X-mas photo.
Daddy as Tinky-Winky. Mommy as LaLa. And Dakota as little Po of course.
Then one day Uncle Ricky sent his nephew a Thomas the Train video.
Ah man! Now Dakota wants nothing to do with his old Teletubbie ways.
I ordered this costume but I think it scared him at first.
In the end the only way I could physically get it on him was with sweet bribery.
(I know, what a horrible mother. Whatever.)
This was the result of my lame photo shoot attempt
(I am very dissapointed)
and the costume is going straight back to the store.
Forget about a family photo.
There is only just so much candy I am willing to shove down his face in the name of cute & funny.
9 comments:
Ha, ha! Daddy's gay!
Tinky Winky is not gay! That's just a rumor because he carries a man-bag.
Geesh
Man, I wish I would have known about his Teletubby kick. Ashleigh was a huge Teletubby kid but the younger kids can't stand that show. We probably have ten Teletubby videos that I would have happily sent you.
And, yes, Tinky Winky is gay. Maybe Dipsy would have been a better choice for Keith? Then he could wear the pimp hat.
emily you are too funny. i think the photos are adorable and the video is pretty funn too!
Hey Angela: Send them along to Emily for me and I'll be more than happy to pay you for the postage! I like to kick back with a bit of TT while smoking the green. Plus, Saskia and I can show them to our kids when we have them (someday).
Oh, and I was just kidding about Tinky Winky. They're not asexual in the sense that Tinky Winky and Dipsy are boys, while La-La and Po are girls; but there's certainly nothing sexual about them in any sort of postpubescent way, no matter what fat and overeager evangelical leaders may see in them. Just friends, no "benefits".
Oh, but click my name here for a great photo of a Lesbian band.
Okay, I just can't figure it out.
Who is ducksoup?!
Are you kidding me? I'll happily send them just to get them out of my house if you think that Dakota will watch them Emily. I have a bunch more clothes to send you (including Thomas jammiestoo so I can send it all at once. Let me know.
The benefits of not having any more kids= getting to send all of your crap~ er, I mean, highly educational toys~ to your friends houses! :)
Cute photos, but what a sad Po! I look forward to your train-themed X-mas photos! :)
I LOVED the photos against the wall, and the bright blue sucker was a PERFECT bribe. All good mothers have bribery on hand. THats how we potty trained (earlier than the rest of the crowd), and the kids have great teeth :))
Poor Dakota, he will not get to be a TT. :( But Trains are the COOLEST! Start looking now at the thrift stores and you can find decent adult costumes brand new in the box. Oh and Ebay, My FAVE!
Post a Comment