Here is my honest ugly opinion on my new midwest home: It stinks. Michigan is a hole. the stores are dirty with little variety. the landscape is flat and uninteresting. They smoke in restaurants. It is freezing already. I am bored, lonely, isolated, very poor, stressed and I feel like im struggling to get through each day. I cant join anything or do anything that cost money or is unbaby friendly. I have not had a real break from my baby in almost a whole year! Our house projects are at a standstill because we underestimated (of course) the cost/time/difficulty of finishing them. So home feels unhomey. Im tiered and worn out and so is my wardrobe. I see my husband maybe an hour a day. Many days not at all and he is naturally tired and grumpy with the weight of the world on his shoulders. So, here I am alone in my house feeling miserable for myself and wallowing in despair with itchy skin and another flea found.Thank goodness for this magical ticket! A short visit home should do me good.
This girl needs a refreshing.
10 comments:
GASP! I'm soooo excited! Which days will you be here? I will clear my calendar as much as I can!!
and I'm SO sorry you're not digging your midwest home. I really feel for you. Knowing you, you'll find some really cool people eventually and love it. But in the meantime, I'm sending lots of love-energy your way.
sweet sister, these next FEW years are just an investment toward something greater. honestly. just think -- maybe all the chaos you've had to deal with until now will make you appreciate the boredom of the midwest... maybe?
i feel for ya for sure. i'm kinda not diggin new york too much either. but i think it - as with everything - is all about your attitude. so maybe things will get better for both of us... or maybe i'll just move! :)
ah! ack! oh no! America sounds unnapealing.... oh no! But wait...Tamara is right..it's all about attitude. I have a hard time feeling sorry for you miss Saxey(Neaman) with an adorable baby, adorable husband and your gorgeous body and sparkling vivacious simply addictive persona and soulful passion... I just can't bring myself to pity you. You're too fabulous, and this "trial" of yours is completely in keeping with your dramatic completely made for TV and novelworthy life. You are a heroine of the highest order and this chapter is yet another of your seeming obstacles that you will graciously surmount and teach us all about the grace that you are.
and me too. everythings fine. sheesh, i gotta stop being such a sad sack thinking woe is me. we are too too too fabulous. Let's SHINE!
lumina, i'm so grateful for you. seriously. i've been in a total funk. heartroken (again). oy. tryin to remember that i'm fabulous even if the boy doesn't seem to think so.
and i'm also remembering this:
my life is not a novel.
i'm keeping it simple and lovely.
and emily, sadly, i leave tuesday morning, so i'll just miss you. but please enjoy the rain without me!!! :)
Lumina, I too feel uplifted by your comment thank you so much! :-)
Dearest Emily, I adore you even though I never met you. I'm sorry you're having a hard time but i like, everyone else, am convinced that things will look up eventually! All here is rather stressful too with weddings, difficult fathers etc, but I decided that for my own wellbeing, I'm going to keep things light. If that fails there's always your brother's bounty of jokes concerning the gastro-intestinal tract. Tooo funny as i'm sure you know. lots of hugs and have a fabulous trip.
Emily,
Your Dakota is a cutie. Just remember this too shall pass. Time is just an illusion anyways...and it flies. Smile and be happy - life's too short to do otherwise regardless of the abode, people, weather, etc.
Just imagine the stress you could be under that you're not!
Every place has some pretty lame aspects. Especially when you can't find the good stuff. I'm sure it'll take another year or two to appreciate that hole.
What about the church there? Are there any groups to be hanging out with?
I wish you luck sister.
Remember that time the two of us went to First Thursday to recruit donations for the fundraiser? I had a blast that night. I miss you, and I can't wait to see you. And you know, we'll have another artsie-fartsie day, it'll just take some time and sacrifices before it'll happen. But you'll get through it. :)
You describe your life so WELL!!
Hallelujah for plane tickets.
I don't like being far away from you.
Pictures with the peeps, ok?
Post a Comment