Monday, April 23, 2007

Mission accompished .

We did it! We bought our first home.
(and look, it even has one white pillar!)
It was the last one we saw. It was in foreclosure so we scored a good deal at 150k for a 4bedroom, 3bath, den, partially finished basement for entertainment room, 10 minutes from keith's hospitals and nice neighborhood. It definately need some updating inside and i have some issues with the layout but for our means this is truely a treasure.
(too bad it's in Michigan) uh hem, anyway
This was the weather for our 2 weeks there. Im so glad it is finally over. looking for a house that you can barely afford (forget about furnishing), with a crying baby en tow, is not very fun nor healthy for a marriage. Especially when the two are looking for very different things in a home and freezing their tushes.
In the end I think we found the best compromise at the top of our budget.
Meanwhile I had a miserable 30th birthday that was made up for this weekend at the Barn. (that post will come next...) I do enjoy my two gifts that have already been put to much use.
My new sneaks (someone was embarrased of my old ones)
And a new winter coat that is a must have in my new artic home
And of course how could I leave out little Dakota Jack. He was such a good sport concidering all we put him through.
oh he was pooped too. But it isnt over yet. Just a few more trips to go before the Big Move...

9 comments:

Tamara said...

WOO HOO!!! I'm so excited for you guys!!! I can't wait to come visit!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hoorah!

Alisha Joy said...

Wow Congrats! What a quaint cozy looking love nest. Can't wait to see a summer photo . . . wait do you guys even get summer out there in the frozen tundra? Remember life is an adventure! Experience EVEYTHING!

Kelly said...

Our 2 bedroom, one bath wasn't that cheap! At least housing in Michigan isn't as bad as Portland. An upside!:) Isn't Michigan where they wear the cheese head things? I can't wait to see a photo of little Dakota Jack wearing a cheese head! Good luck!

Iron Chef Boyardee said...

Cheeseheads = Wisconsin

And... my wife and I are envious of the housing prices. You can't even get a dump in Portland for 150k.

Unknown said...

Heeeyy!! Congrats guys, i like it very much.

Kelly said...

darnnit....can you take a cheesehead photo anyway?:)

Hey, It's Ansley said...

A new house to make into a home, so exciting! Can't wait to read about your adventures!

Jason and Emily said...

I have such a good feeling about this. My heart is racing with anticipation and excitement. Seriously, it is. Emily, this is incredible. I'm staring at these pictures and thinking of so many times I've heard you vocalize your dreams. A family, a house... any dream, I think, has a couple of compromises to work through (frrreeeezzzing...). But you are a magic maker, and this home of your's is going to be proof of your magical skills. I wish to come sooner than later to visit.

Send me the address of the new home, please.

I'm SO there with you. As cheesy as this sounds, take me with you in your heart on this move. I mean it. When you actually make the move then?