I can just see it now ~~~~(fading into dream like vision)~~~~~~

Ah hem, er uh well okay, I guess the reality of our future home will be more of a fixer upper.

but at least it will be ours and a real home. And after all, it's only for half a decade right! We already have about 30 homes lined up ready to look at with our agent. and aparently it will be snowing there the whole time. Lovely. We also are preparing ourselves with "Home buying for Dummies" So now we surely can't go wrong
I didnt realise how close we would be to Chicago! We decided it was cheaper for us to fly there instead and drive 2 hours to grand rapids. Anything to save a buck or two right? I'm not complaining, just anxious. My mantra is: Think of this as an adventure, just think of this as an adventure....
Anyway, wish us luck as we seek out our home sweet home.
5 comments:
this will be great! my only advice on deciding which home to buy: when you know, you know. kinda like finding the man of your dreams.
good luck! i can't wait to hear more about it!!!
Good luck good luck good luck!
This is so exciting! James and I will live vicariously through you.
I echo Tamara, when you know, you know. On both of the places we have really loved, we just looked at each other and said YES! And in the end, home is where the heart is and where the plumbing doesnt leak, and the roof is new, and where you can paint anything any color you like! A side note: ain't nothin' worth fightin' bout. Unless of course there is a train running through the back yard that he just loves! :)) Have a great adventure, bring lots of warmies.
Lisa
One word of advice . . . Be patient. Don't yell "fine, I'll live anywhere!" in a huff and then end up in a home you both hate. This happened with our first house and I never felt at home there. write a list of things you can not live without (ie) nice flat usable yard, big master bath, decent sized closet. -thoes were mine on second house-. Have fun. Let us know how hunt goes.
This post reminds me of a note you wrote me way back when... Michelle, make your life an adventure! I taped it to my planner and then I did it. Congratulations on your adventures! I also have written that today is your birthday, so happy birthday to you! Michelle
Post a Comment