Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Whistler

What a weekend!!!!


This is in line to leave the country for beautiful British Columbia Canada



I didnt have my battery charger on this trip so I was very carefull not to waste power
(Thus minimal pix of us...)


This is on the Sea to Sky Hyway. On the way up we were so happy about what great time we were making! until the traffic suddenly stopped dead. The next EIGHT (8) hours were spent parked on the free way, watching a movie on our laptop, looking for places to pee in the woods, hiking up the road and talking to others who hiked further up the road who talked to others who hiked further up the road what the hold up was, and finding the cutest village at Lions Bay and eating at the cafe, listening to all the europeans & other foreigners and realizing that this just might turn out to be a memroable part of the trip...




Me giving a bear hug finally at our Chateau....




The weather was perfect all weekend!!!!!



The gym & spa were fabulous and where I spent a lot of quality time by myself :)




I stopped for moments inbetween snowboarding crashes and I think I heard the silence breathing.............



Back at the Chataeu for a gormet dinner and chocolate fondue over live jazz entertainment in big squishy chairs playing a card game of personal questions ;) with my heavenly hubby




Saying goodbye to our Canadian valets, eh


ended up skiing blackcomb instead since the snow was better. The lift was in a short walking distance from our room!


And most importantly, Keith's presentation when smashingly! He was introduced as a doctor and had to correct that immediately. He was pummled with hard to answer questions during it but afterwards was lavished with praise & compliments. I happily played the part of "adoring doctors wife". My most important job being to have the most appropriate attire for each event, not say too much, and smile, smile, smile!
I think the smooshing when quite well.



Sad to leave but glad to be home in the greatest country in the world!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing photos of one of my favorite places on earth. That road is one of the best drives anywhere.

Tamara said...

I'm so glad you took us with you!
:)

Thanks for sharing your trip!

Anonymous said...

Cool guestbook, interesting information... Keep it UP
» » »