Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Dakota's Fireman Party

4 whole years old!
Of course he wanted a fireman themed party.
What else is there?
I had intended to keep this one small but like usual I somehow let it spiral into a huge 30 kid extravaganza. I made a firetruck cake. Firetruck pinata. Pink fire helmets for the girls, red for the boys. Full lunch service (on secretly borrowed church kid tables) of hot dogs, french fries and carrot sticks. And awesome favors (that i didn't get a picture of), toy fire trucks & plush dalmatians.
But the highlight of it all was when the sirens rang with the arrival of a real live actual firetruck and a load of real live firemen! I ran around the house screaming FIRE! and made all 30 kids & parents throw on their shoes and head outside to get an official tour of it.
Overall the event was a big hit (if not slightly obscene in it's size).
We have already agreed that next year he will get as many kids as he is old.

No comments: