Dakota Jack has not shown a bit of interest in his little sister yet.
To say the least, he is quite irritated by her presence.
In fact, if I am holding her and he wants a hug too he will go to the other side of me and shrug his shoulder as far from her as possible so as not to let even their clothes touch.
So this Sunday was very special. Not only was it Lily's first time to church (and mine with two kids and no husband) but I convinced Dakota (with the promise of a lollipop) to actually sit next to his sister for a little picture.
To say the least, he is quite irritated by her presence.
In fact, if I am holding her and he wants a hug too he will go to the other side of me and shrug his shoulder as far from her as possible so as not to let even their clothes touch.
So this Sunday was very special. Not only was it Lily's first time to church (and mine with two kids and no husband) but I convinced Dakota (with the promise of a lollipop) to actually sit next to his sister for a little picture.
A quick reminder of his reward awaiting and I am treated with this:
12 comments:
Don't worry lady, my friends boy was the same way!!! It gets better now he worships his little sister!
You are going to need a really good dentist and a really BIG bag of lolly pops. Best way around this problem is another baby so he gets used to the idea that he is a WE :)) Yeah, just what you wanted to hear right? LOL!
Ha! Too funny! "Like, totally gag me!"
Hmm, that was supposed to be an apostrophe...
Blast it now, that was supposed to be an ampersand.
those pictures are too funny. he did pretty good warming up to her means he started out leaning away and made it all the way to a kiss on the forehead! ...and what cute pics!
those are hilarious, you captured it for ever! Hang in there Dakota! Someday you will be helping dad beat off the boys with a stick! all in good time.
But for now .......... well, she's not going anywhere soon, so hang in there little guy..... awwwww Emily stock up on the lollies.
I am cracking up over here !! Way to go Dakota!!
He'll figure it out. Once she starts getting things he wants and she learns to share ;)
Hey I was wondering if my wife would call me sometime.....
don't worry, Angela hated me until I was about 6..
Aww, poor Dakota! Totally cute pictures though!
Post a Comment