Sunday, July 06, 2008

4th of July

My brother and his beautiful new bride just drove across country from Seattle and stopped to see us for one night before heading on to Ohio. Unfortunately my camera died and this is the only shot I have of Saskia & me. Eventually I hope to get more plus the wedding pix to share but meanwhile behold our independence day squints. They sadly had to leave first thing in the morning but what a thrill to meet my fabulous new sister. She is absolutely a doll and I adore her :)

Later that day we met up at the park for our lil' ol' ward party. Don't look too excited Keith....


Dakota loved every minute of course because there was dirt!


Dad perked up once he saw watermelon.

And the kid played his first game of all-American baseball.

That night we kept things simple with just a few sparklers out front.





Maybe he'll be more into it next year... Oh well, Happy Birthday to our Nation! Go America!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Looks like you had fun! Happy 4th of July :)

Hey, It's Ansley said...

What a great day!