It is the middle of the night. I have been up for 2 hours with Dakota.
He is still screeeeaming his head off. drank bottle. rocked and rocked. music.
I am so tiered. Oh, and now daddy is up too. his first night of real sleep is destroyed.
i am very upset.
Parenthood is not all fun and games people.
Friday, October 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Update:
Total time up: 1:15am-4:15am
Time Keith got up for work: 4:30 am
Time cat woke me up by scratching at the door: 5:40am
Time Dakota woke up for the day: 6:30am
hours spent moaning after that: 3
Morning nap time: none
current status at 2:30pm: finally asleep
*sigh*
I'm tired even thinking of it.
If he is teething, here is the magic recipe. Three kids, worked like a charm.
Tylenol
Hydlands Organic Teething Tablets exactly as on the bottle, 3 tablets at bedtime.
Only ONE short nap mid day and then YOU sleep when he does.
Cool soft food. then off to bed with Hylands and Tylenol or Motrin even better.
If he wakes in the middle of the night, its a soft lamp, a quiet light, maybe a story or a soft dog and a warm bottle. No highly stimulating play, its just gonna rev up the engine. How did I learn this? After 4 days of no sleep at 2am with Mari roaming the GARAGE (sneaking out of her bedroom) I thought I was ready for the rubber room, there was no shutting her down. She we took away the big happy nap that I loved since I could get something done, readjusted her schedule a LOT, like an earlier bath, added the teething supplies and FINALLY I GOT SOME SLEEp. I really swear I was ready for the straight jacket on that one, thank heaven for the Hylands tablets, they saved my butt. Everything that happened after that at night was SUPEr low key, low talking, quiet chair, she knew it was not going to be leaving the bedroom for a romp, which I had been letting her do since it was easy. I was also working 50 hours a week and had a nanny that was ok with her taking a huge nap, so that changed too. I am rambling but I am drugged so I get a free pass :)
You have to admit though, even noisy he is the cutest thing alive!
Hang in there, I wish we were close to help you out, I am so ready for that quasi-gramms stuff that I could split in two. Why else would I be havin' puppies! LOL
Hang in there Emily, this wont last long, and your super smart baby toddler boy will keep trying out new things to stump mom with! Thank God for that, he is delightful, keep the video cam rolling :)
Lisa
Good advice thanks Lisa.
However, this post is misleading because the video clip is from a different time and day. No, we spent most the time rocking in the nursery and eventually did the tylenol. I will look for those tablets.
Teething bites!
...and you thought I was annoying. Ha!
awe.. I'm sorry Em. I love ya.
Hey Emily!
Is Dakota sleeping any better? How's the teething?
Even more important- how are Mom and Dad doing? I hope you are getting some sleep. I've always said that I can handle just about anything as long as I'm sleeping well at night. Otherwise I find that little tasks can start to feel overwhelming.
I worry about you guys! Keep your chin up!
Love ya,
Angela
Post a Comment