Tuesday, December 12, 2006

4 weeks and 2 pounds later

Motherhood update

Baby:

  • My Dakota Jack is getting so big he has already outgrown his first outfit.
  • He loves to eat and is a little too good at it
  • His eyes are turning a very deep dark gray (so far)
  • He still has night & day mixed up :(
  • His toots make me laugh
  • Bigest milestone, He Smiles!
  • and for some reason I just can't stop kissing him

Physically:

  • Im exhausted. and generally fatigued
  • Im still very achey and sore from the rough delivery
  • My nipple has stopped bleeding
  • Still feeling fat and mushy (though my shoes do fit again)
  • I did manage to excercise for the first time yesterday
  • When I can't shower I make up for it with many teeth brushings
  • Wrist is cramping up from holding baby
  • Dieing for a foot massage

Emotions:

  • Lonely - I miss my husband half the time. I also long for my own mother...
  • slightly overwhelmed
  • Cooped up - today I took the baby out for a few hours but it can truely be a logistcal nightmare for the serious shopper
  • Nervous about germs/driving/falling weird stuff~
  • Enormously Gratefull for my beautiful healthy little family and all our zillions of blessings
  • In total Awe everytime i look at my baby boy

Favorite things:

  • Having my husband home
  • The 3 of us together snuggling in a warm down comforter
  • Showering
  • baby bums (clean ones) & tiny finger nails
  • free dinners that i dont have to cook
  • xmas cards & gifts in the mail
  • did I mention, having Kieth home?
  • Most of all.....Sleep

1 comment:

Jason and Emily said...

I love this list. This site is magical.