
Dreams of India.......
I think i was about 13 when i started having vivid dreams about india. Sometimes i am alone. Once i was with my whole family riding elephants. But in most of the dreams there was an indian girl who was my friend. And there was always something very important for us to do. I could see bright colors, smell distinct flavours, and hear all the exotic sounds.
Why are some of us drawn to one place or another? Why do some people feel an impulse to follow a dream? A real sleeping dream.
I rececntly read a book (i cant remember the title-i never can) about geographical power points. Places that hold magnetic power and spiritual influence for some individuals and not neccesaraly for others. I dont know how much of what i read is just nonesence and what might have an essence of truth to it but it left me thinking about the feelings i get from different places and why i have been drawn to them in the past. or simply again &again.
Of course i have many books on India and have thought about going many times but it just never was feasable. so i went on. But then I was SMACKED with an invitation by 2 of my favorite people to visit Real live India with them next year! Emily Potter will be there for a year as part of her masters program. And Lumina will be with her for a month or so after her Teacching contract in Korea is over. And then me! Or is it just a fruitless dream (the nonsleeping kind)....
I dicussed this plan (or nonplan) with my wonderfully practical, charmingly prudent and rightously frugal man. He helped me once again understand the serious nature of our financial situation. It's just Not possible!
But that doesnt mean No........
It just means i have to do the impossible of somehow raising the cost of the trip AND lost Pay for the time gone before i go without the use of my regular Income!
Is this impossible?
Does anyone have a realistic suggestion? I have 1 year. and a very busy work schedule and school in January.
Namastar
7 comments:
Yes. Ask people to send you money. Ask everyone you know. Everyone! Everyone! You never know who will help.
Or come up with something to sell. T-shirts with pictures of you photoshopped in to a pic of India. Ask Pete and Paul to put on a benefit concert. Ask Skye to do a benefit concert. Have Emily do a benefit concert. I will do a benefit concert. I will go tomorrow night and play guitar in the street for you, I don't even know how to play! But I will go!
Go dance at first thursday in the pearl with a bucket for change.
Have a bake sale.
pay your tithing.
sell as much of your clothes, jewelry, books, furniture, etc. as you possibly possibly can. This is how I got to Korea, while I was in Graduate school.
You can do this.
You are doing this.
I am here with you, helping you, praying for you, kicking your butt in gear!
p.s. good girl for posting this on your blog - what a huge step for making this a possibility!
Now print fliers, send letters, shout it to the world, say it to yourself everyday..."I am going to India! Money, come to me!"
Stripping.
Want a lot of money on the side fast? Definitely sounds like stripping. Be a dancer. A dancer for money.
Ha-Ha.
James, do not encourage her.
She's desperate. and hella sexy...and hella married!
Emily do not strip.
How much money do you need?
See, you prove my point. Desperate, sexy married women all over the world have made fast easy money by being an exotic dancer.
Oh Emily, I'm just dying. Is this all real? Will I wake up in India to see YOU and LUMINA with me?
Sigh...
I say: follow Lumina on this one, ignore James.
Post a Comment